Saturday, September 17, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What to wear to a job interview for a grocery store?

I have a job interview for a part time position at a grocery store next week (grocery, cashier, produce, deli, etc). I am a student and the interview is at the main human resources centre.. I'm super nervous and I'm not sure what to wear. I was planning on wearing black dress pants, but what should I wear for shirt and shoes...it is cold out so I will be wearing my winter jacket, should I take it off...lol..

Discrimination Against Women at Job Interviews and How You Can Prevent It



Recommended Answer:
Wear a semi formal shirt and a slux well even though it is a grocery store you must make a strong impression with the interviewer

Job Interviews - Ten Etiquette Tips To Help You Ace The Interview


  • Many peeps get stuck when they are trying to decide what to wear at an interview. Personally I'm from the old school, I am of the opinion that formal wear is never inappropriate; you can get some tips and tricks from the resource in the box below, they also have loads of advice on job hunting.

  • lettuce think about this, maybe a flour,a pear of shoes, a kool ade smile,bow tie pasta and maybe if it's warm a lite dressing to match the seasons

  • Just wear a nice blouse with nice jeans its just an interview for a store if it was an interview for a us government agency then you would look nice.

  • Yes wear the coat and take it off. Black pants are fine, a button down shirt and laced shoes

  • Always dress for success..... shirt, tie, slacks, belt, "church" shoes...

  • Wow! I wish you were applying for a job with me! I am excited when a job applicant is concerned enough to wear what is appropriate for an entry level interview. Because of the concern you are showing, I'll bet you do great and get the job! (If not this one, you will do well soon)
    You should match the style of attire of the position you are applying for. You want the interviewer to be able to see you as an employee. If you are over dressed, (s)he may unfairly assume you think you are too good for the type of job that is available. If you are under dressed, you will blend in with the other 10 people that asked for applications today...
    Be wrinkle free, wear deodorant, and brush your hair and teeth. Take the jacket off when you enter a temperature controlled area, then just carry it with you. Always wear an undershirt!
    Shoes, if the employees are wearing tennis style shoes, you can too, but I would chose black, with no emblems or designs on them.
    I was in the grocery business for 25 years, from age 16, I did very well! You can too! Turnover is high in the grocery business, showing up is 1/2 the battle...
    Good luck with the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment