Monday, September 5, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I do to prepare myself for a job interview?

I have a job interview at Timberland this week. I'm really nervous and I'd like some advice from people who have done this before (any retail is fine).

What should I wear?
What should I expect during the interview?

I'm just nervous so anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Interview Skills You Need To Succeed In a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
hey
1st thing - calm down, you will pass it good!
Spend an hour and read everything regarding interviews... lots of sites on that, see sources below too.
What to wear see here www.resumewritingservice.biz/tips…
What NOT to do see www.resumewritingservice.biz/tips…
Common preparation guide www.resumewritingservice.biz/tips…

hope this all helps!

Myths About The HR Professional As The Candidate In The Job Interview


  • Retail store

    Drop by and see what the management is wearing.

    Corporate
    Dress formal

    Interview
    Learn about the company
    Timberland was among the first big brands to reveal the locations of its suppliers' factories and open them up to outside scrutiny. Timberland developed its Green Index Green Index tag, modeled on a nutrition label, which rates many of the company's hiking boots and shoes on their environmental impact.
    www.timberland.com/category/index…

    There's also the quarterly phone dialogs with CEO Jeffrey Swartz, in which callers query him about hot-button issues like eco-labeling and sustainable sourcing, and many more strategies for building a glass house.

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZG0B_PF5…

    Ask questions

    Interview Questions to Ask

    * How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?
    * How would you describe a typical week/day in this position?
    * What is the typical work week? Is overtime expected?
    * What are the prospects for growth and advancement?
    * How does one advance in the company?
    * What do you like about working here?
    * What don't you like about working here and what would you change?
    * Would you like a list of references?
    * If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
    * What can I tell you about my qualifications?
    * When can I expect to hear from you?


    Interview Questions NOT to Ask

    * What does this company do? (Do your research ahead of time!)
    * If I get the job when can I take time off for vacation? (Wait until you get the offer to mention prior commitments)
    * Can I change my schedule if I get the job? (If you need to figure out the logistics of getting to work don't mention it now...)
    * Did I get the job? (Don't be impatient. They'll let you know.)

    In addition, eat sleep and be relaxed the day of your interview.

    Have paper and pen to take notes

    Be polite

    Speak clearly and use proper English grammar

    Good luck

  • Rehearse some of the probable interview questions. They might ask you who you are, when a time was that you showed kindness when you didnt have to, what you look for in an employer, etc.

  • just be confident and youll look confident.

    answer intelligently and carefully.

    just relax! go with the flow =)

    God bless!

  • Wear whatever you feel comfortable....dress semi-formal or complete formal as per your likings.

    Don't expect anything from them..just be cool and give it your best..let them do their job to hire you...

  • hope this helps.............
    jobsearchtech.about.com/od/gettin…

No comments:

Post a Comment