Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Have you ever had a job interview over the phone? What jobs allow this?

I will need to find a job in another state, but since I don't have a place to stay over there until I get a job, would a phone interview be possible for basic jobs?

8 Worst Job Interview Screw - Ups to Avoid



Recommended Answer:
Some employers screen potential applicants over the phone, however this does not result in an applicant getting hired without a face to face interview. You cannot force an employer to give you a phone interview. Most employers want to see the applicant in person. Finding a job is going to be extremely difficult for you if you are not local and cannot attend a normal interview.

Job Interview - Best Prep Questions


  • Usually, the applicant pool is large enough for basic non-professional jobs that they don't do phone interviews. Phone interviews usually are used for "professional" or in-demand jobs where the employer is drawing from a much smaller applicant pool and wants to avoid having to pay someone to come interview.

  • Many places do first interviews over the phone.
    It's a good way to decide if they actually want to deal with you in person.Here are some typical questions you would be asked during a phone interviews.
    I'll give you some of the answers I have used in the past that always landed me those top tier positions.

    Q-"At your last job, tell me some of the ways you stood out in comparison to colleagues"?

    A-"During our morning meetings, we would each have to make a presentation about improving attitudes for the day. Rather than rambling corporate mumbo jumbo, I would stand up, and just start snoring as hard as I could with my eyes wide open."

    Q-"Give me an example of going above and beyond for the customer."

    A-"I am an advocate of direct eye contact. Direct eye contact while I dump my *** out and **** in the office trash can, begging them for pictures of their kids."

    Q-"Finally, describe yourself in three words."

    A-"I'm well spoken. I'm well organized, and I love the smell of a mans morning breath."Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

    Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment