Sunday, December 18, 2011

Job Interview Questions: I forgot to write a thank-you letter for a job interview. Will this hurt me?

I had my first job interview (recently graduated from college) and it went great. However, I forgot the part where my prof. told us that we need to send a thank-you letter after the interview. Am I screwed? Or do most people forget to do this?

Will What You Wear for a Job Interview Help You Pass the 2 Minute Test?



Recommended Answer:
I went thru a two week class on stuff like this. You always leave or send a thank you note. If the interview wasn't that long ago, go back to the office and personally leave a note with the secretary (not the HR person) to fix the mistake. It can not hurt--it can only help.

Edt: 2 weeks ago, yes I think it is probably to late. It depends on when the job closes out/the hiring date is, he might have picked someone already. Also it showed that you didn't know protocol by leaving the note in the first place. If you do not get this job, always keep pre-made thank you notes in your briefcase when you are interviewing. As you walk out of the HR office, go right back to the waiting area. Fill in his/her name, put in a quick personnel note about what just happened so that they know it wasn't a generic already filled out TY note "Oh that was funny Mr. Jensen when you said my hometown was to small for cows" or "I loved your office and its Egyptian decor, my uncle visited Egypt once and loved it". Give that note right to the secretary. Wala, you are done and the note is good to go. And get nice high quality notes from Hallmark. Not cheap ones. Think professional. Nice white, professional, maybe gold trim, generic, TY notes.

Act professional, be professional, think professional, and they will think you are the cats meow!

But, if you really want this job what can a .50 cent thank you note cost you? I would send one in anyway.

Job Interview Skills: How to Manage a Bad Interview!


  • no

No comments:

Post a Comment