Saturday, December 3, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I talk about in presentation for a job interview?

I have applied to a job and got an interview, they called me and said I need to do a 1 minute presentation about myself, be it a hobby or interest and I looked on the job spec and it says they are only looking for good presentation skills. It is a job as a student ambassador at a university and I have talked about achievements I have got in my application which they have accepted. What should I talk about?
Thank-you

Job Interviews - How to Quickly and Easily Succeed at Them



Recommended Answer:
You should discuss a topic that you are very familiar with. Preferably something that you enjoy doing especially if it relates to the job you are currently applying for.
If you talk about something you enjoy doing of that you know very well, you will talk about it with more enthusiasm and your sincere emotions about the topic will be conveyed to those who are listening to you. Also, the use of props will help, as you can use these to demonstrate your point and off set nervousness by giving you something to hold on to and focus your attention on. Just make sure your props work and are relevant to the subject matter.

Tips For a Successful Job Interview and Land on Your Ideal Job


  • Pick a subject you already now alot about....YOU! It's one thing to put your achievements in writing, but you can emphasize and speak of examples more in a speech. Be sure to use props. You could even speak on a sport you do and why you succeed in it. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment