Friday, December 9, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Why in a job interview they tell you you'll hear back by a certain date, but never do?

I had an interview Wednesday and they told me I'd hear back by today (Friday) one way or the other. But I got nothing. This is the second time this happened. The first time I didn't get the job. Does this mean that I didn't get the job here too? I thought the interview went pretty well, but there was only 1 job available for 6+ candidates. The job is for an internship at my college.

High Paying Job Interview Tips



Recommended Answer:
When I was recently searching for jobs I got this A LOT. It's really frustrating. But you have to realize in this job market, recruiters are swamped with applicants. Although I find it fairly rude that they give you a date and don't follow their own statement, it is understandable to a point. Your best bet is to follow up yourself to see the status. Typically you'll find out you're not chosen but at least you tried.

Job Interview Tips


  • It's good business etiquette to for a potential employer to at least email candidates informing them that a position has been filled. Unfortunately, many companies fall short of this standard.

    Occasionally, employers may weight to inform candidates in case their first pick does not work out. This way they can come back to their second choice without the employee knowing that they were the second pick.

    I wouldn't take it too hard as it happens a lot.

    Good luck.

  • because the people at these jobs do not have the balls to tell you to your face they already know you will not get the job. I have the same problem.

  • It does not sound promising but I would send them a Thank You Note highlighting what you liked about the interview and reminding them of your skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment