Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Job Interview Questions: If you're going to a job interview, do you extend your arm for a handshake or wait for the interviewer?

I'm 15 and the interviewer's older, it's for a casual job, and it's a group interview, if any of that is relevant.

Best Answers to the Trickiest Job Interview Questions



Recommended Answer:
I would put my handout when I meet the person. It may be a casual job, but you will stand out in the group if you seem more mature, which is what I think the handshake would convey. I bet nobody else will do it unless the interviewer puts his handout first. Good luck!

Job Interview Secrets and Best Practices That Land Job


  • Well - this is a pet subject of mine and no mistake.

    I think it's a demonstration of your confidence that you extend your hand to be shaken when you meet, so don't wait for the interviewer if you feel like it's the right moment. (Don't sail in with your hand out right?! *lol*)

    Have you practiced shaking hands? Seriously? As in not too much pressure, looking someone in the eye, not having your hand there dangling like a wet fish, not "holding on too long" either? I hope you have - your question tells me you may have at least thought about it.
    Practice shaking hands with members of your family - shaking hands with ladies is a more delicate art - and you'll improve. No kidding!

    My image, "Shaking hands, grabbing the guys bicep and loving him to death" shows you the ultimate in "let's be buds in this business" handshake - over-used by politicians and salesman. You may NOT use it at a job interview - unless it's as an extra suck-up as you're leaving, but it's great to use it other places and see what kind of reaction you get. It's amusing!

    Good luck with the job. Why wouldn't you get it? I see no reason.

  • I would go for the shake. You don't know what he is going to do... but you don't want him to wait and see if you would. Just go for it and Handshake.

  • I always extend my hand to someone - no matter who they are or where I met them...........or in a group setting.

    It's only polite, and it shows that you have confidence

    Shake hands and maintain eye contact - and smile :-)

  • They will usually stick their arm out first to shake your hand when they introduce you. That's when you take advantage and shake his/her hand.

  • man to man, yes
    woman to woman, yes
    But a man does not extent his hand to a woman. He waits for her to extend her.

  • If you are going to put your hand out do it with confidence, don't be looking at the ground. Smile and look casual.

  • You put your hand out first, and do a nice firm hand shake.

  • it wont mather just dont be ugly oor look so
    maybe take a bath.
    brush teeth.

  • hand out first. strong and firm handshake with eye contact

No comments:

Post a Comment